My grandpa and I used to buy bananas together whenever we went to the shops but I never understood why he would hang the bananas up and wait days for the bananas to have brown spots before eating them. It made no sense to me. Why on earth would I want to eat an ugly looking banana to behind with AND go banana-less for days?! He always said it tasted better and sweeter but there was more to it than just sweetness…
There’s this substance called Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) which inhibits the development of abnormal cells (like cancer cells) and regulates cellular activity. This little protein TNF pumps excess water into harmful cells and BOOM, causing them to burst – how cool is that?!
Say bye to bad cells.
Use this coconut milk! No preservatives, no added thickener, no added emulsifiers, no added nothing.. Just pure coconut cream 🙂
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut cream, full fat
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-raising flour (gluten free if you need)
- 1 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar/coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F
- Blend all the ingredients except walnuts together
- Fold in the walnuts
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined small loaf pan
- Bake for 1-1.5 hours. Test by poking with a skewer. If it’s clean, it’s time to take it out and allow it to cool
- Serve fresh & hot out of the oven with a slice of grass fed butter! Enjoy!
Tip 1: I personally add chopped bananas into the mixture & banana slices on top for it to caramelise – the stickiness and extra burst of flavour
Over to you, go bananas!!