This is such an easy, delicious and healthy treat. Really, it requires so little time, experience in baking and you won’t even need a hand mixer at all. It is literally mix everything into a bowl, pour into the muffin tray and bake. It’s so delicious I would recommend to double the recipe and freeze half of it for future snacks to curb sweet cravings! It’s a light and fluffy muffin – perfect arvo pick me up? 😀
Makes 10-12 muffins
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tbsps pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped (85% cacao and higher) – also optional
- Preheat oven to 350F or 176C and line the muffin tray with paper liners or 1 tsp of oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. I like to keep some of the bananas in small chunks too.
- Add dark chocolate and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are golden. Insert a toothpick through the muffin and if it comes out clean, it is ready.
- Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- Store muffins in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Tip: Sprinkle the top of the muffin with unsweetened desiccated coconut, chopped walnuts and flax seed meal to make it healthier – more healthy fats and fibre!
Tip: Too lazy to mash those bananas… or bananas not sweet and ripe enough?? 😉 Bake your bananas at 180C (yes, the whole thing) until it turns black on the outside. Then, scoop out the soft, caramelised banana and into the batter it goes!